A range of materials can be used in the Vanguard HiQ. Currently, Keyworth Rapid Manufacturing Limited are using:
- DuraForm PA - based on nylon 12. It provides excellent mechanical properties for parts used in functional testing
- DuraForm GF - a glass (bead) filled nylon based on nylon 12. It was developed for applications in more extreme testing environments delivering improved stiffness and heat resistance relative to DuraForm PA. It can be readily machined and painted.
- DuraForm EX - based on nylon 11 and available in natural or black. The key benefits are enhanced toughness and suitability for low to medium volume manufacturing runs. Various types of clip and living hinges can be produced.
- LaserForm Metal - ST200 material enables the manufacture of complex fully dense usable metal parts in a matter of days. Final composition is approximately 46% bronze and 54% 420 stainless steel.
- WindForm XT - a nylon and carbon material with superior mechanical properties. It is ideally suited for parts where very high performance is required such as in wind tunnel testing or on the racetrack.